How Much Should I Put Into My Child’s Special Needs Trust?
by Steven Dale, JD | The Dale Law Firm
Did you know?
- ~1 in 68 children has been identified with autism spectrum disorder. (CDC)
- 3.4% of American adults have serious psychological distress causing moderate to severe impairment. (NCHS)
- 5.7 million American adults suffer from bipolar disorder with over 80% of those cases classified as severe.(NIMH)
- In 2013, 24.6 million Americans aged 12 and older were classified as illicit drug users. (SAMHSA)
- Each year ~6000 babies are born with Down Syndrome. (CDC)
Behind these statistics are families—parents, siblings, grandparents—concerned with how to provide care for their special needs loved ones after they have passed. This is a critical and growing need in the trusts and estates planning world. Download this article to learn more about just one of the issues facing families with special needs dependents.