Resource Center

By: Brenda Geiger, J.D.

When leaving property to a minor or adult child, clients can choose exactly how they want to leave it to them. The property can be left outright, in trust until the beneficiary reaches a certain age or achieves a certain goal, achieve a certain goal, or in a continuing trust for that child’s lifetime. For the last option, there is a special technique that allows us to “asset protect” the money in a continuing trust for that child for his or her lifetime.

For more information on the two basic requirements of asset protection when it comes to a child's inheritance, please complete the form below.