Proposed Repeal of the Affordable Care Act: How Will Small Businesses Fare
President-elect Trump promised to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act ("ACA") a.k.a. "Obamacare," in part because of the impact that it had on small businesses in the U.S.. While it provided relief to small business owners in some respects, ACA also imposed new responsibilities, increased premiums and deductibles, and forced many small business owners to make tough choices about the size of their workforce.
What does "repeal & replace" mean for your clients in 2017?
Download this WealthCounsel thought paper for insights on how you might counsel your clients through what will certainly be an interesting 2017. This paper examines the following topics:
- Employer Shared Responsibility
- Failure to Comply with the Act
- Employee Premium Tax Credits
- Amount of Employer Shared Responsibility Payment
- Medicare Surtax
- Impact of Affordable Care Act on Small Business
- Proposed Repeal of the Affordable Care Act
- Counseling Small Business Clients