96% Agree They Need One, But Only 13% Have One: Getting Business Owners to Create a Succession PlanWednesday, Jan. 30, 2013 • 1:00-2:00 p.m. Eastern
The vast majority of family business owners share one characteristic: they fail to plan for succession. Most family businesses do not successfully pass to the second generation; of those that do, even fewer reach the third generation. Getting a business owner to give serious thought to succession planning is an often difficult, but highly useful, service attorneys can provide to their business owner clients.
During this one-hour webcast, Mr. Manterfield will emphasize how to get your clients into business planning mode, without overwhelming. Join us on Wednesday, January 30 at 1:00 p.m., EST and learn:
- How to create ongoing cash flow for the surviving spouse.
- How to protect real estate and investment accounts from personal liability.
- The appropriate trustee selection.
- How to position the surviving spouse for valuation discounts.
- How the buy-sell agreement can be utilized to open the door for advanced business succession planning.
Approved 1.0 CLE credit in AK, AR, AZ, CA, MT, NJ, NY, OK, PA, TX
Pending 1.0 CLE credit in CO, IA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MO, TN, UT, VA, WA, WI
Pending 1.0 CFP credit
Approved 1.0 CPE credit
View Archived Webcast